Saturday, June 21, 2014

From Nick Guenther- one last blast as District Deputy 3, a first post as District Deputy 4

I am pleased to announce that Dave Saunders will be for new District Deputy for the 2014-2015 Fraternal Year. Dave comes from Tigard Council 3591 and has held several office's and is very knowledgeable regarding Roberts Rules of Order. Please give Dave the same respect you all showed me and work hard for his as you did for me this year. Please also replace my email information with Dave Saunders email address which is saunders250@aol.com. Just a few last things as you schedule your Installation of Officers this July please let Dave Saunders know so he can be present to do the ceremony.

It has been both a pleasure and an honor working with all of you this past fraternal year and I look forward to seeing all of you at the Summer meeting in Keizer and the State Convention in Newport. This will also serve as my final District Deputy Report for District 3. Vivat Jesus and God Bless my friends.

If you have time Tuesday night for a trip to St. Joseph's in Salem:

The Fortnight for Freedom: Freedom to Serve will take place from June 21 to July 4, 2014, a time when our liturgical calendar celebrates a series of great martyrs who remained faithful in the face of persecution by political power.

I received a personal request from Fr. Pitstick and GK Eric Poynter from St. Joes to gather as many Brother Knights as possible. We need to get 30 to 40 Knights to attend a Holy Hour at St Joseph's in Salem this Tuesday, June 24th at 6:30pm. Pray with the church as we focus on the theme of this year's Fortnight, the freedom to serve.

This is an extreme honor to be asked to support the Fortnight for Freedom. We can DO many things, and we can HOPE for things to change, and we can BELIEVE in the teachings of the Holy Church - but without PRAYER, the chances for success are slim.

This is an urgent request from Fr Pitstick and myself and I would truly appreciate it if I receive an email from all who are able to attend, so I can get a accurate count. My email is guenther51@gmail.com

Also, please wear your Knights of Columbus shirts if you have one and we will gather in the Church beginning at about 6 PM. (And PLEASE sing very loudly when we do the patriotic hymns).

Vivat Jesus,

Nickolas Guenther

503-890-3457

Knights of Columbus

District Deputy - District 4

No comments :

Post a Comment