Tuesday, October 8, 2019

For all who do announcements in St. Clare's Bulletin

Deadlines for St. Clare's bulletin have changed.  Ted usually does announcements for the Knights, but you should all be aware of the new deadlines:
Dear Bulletin Contributor,
I am writing to let you know that the deadline for submissions to the parish bulletin has changed.  Catholic Printery in Seattle is no longer printing our bulletins as their owner retired and transferred the bulletin printing services to Liturgical Publications, Inc. (LPi).  The new printer is located in Las Vegas, so the shipping timeframe is longer.   Therefore, I now have to send the completed bulletin to the printer by Monday at 11am...rather than Wednesday at 11am.  So the two lost work days will need to be made up during the previous week.

This means I need bulletin items/notice of flyers by 8am on Wednesdays for TWO Sundays ahead.

For example, if you want to have a bulletin item in the Oct. 20 bulletin, I need your item by 8am on Wednesday, Oct. 9 (tomorrow morning).
For Oct. 27, I need the item by Wednesday, Oct. 16.
For Nov. 3, I need the item by Wednesday, Oct. 23.
Etc., etc., etc. …

However, if you let me know that you are planning a flyer by the Wednesday deadline, I really don’t need it until 8am on Monday morning as long as it is in a pdf format, with a ½ inch white border and printer ready with no editing required.

I know this is a BIG change for all of us as we will need to be planning way ahead of what we have been doing for so many years.  I will try to be as flexible as possible until we get used to it.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you for the good work you always do in keeping the parish bulletin full of interesting events, activities and information.

With much gratitude,
Laurie Zupsic

No comments :

Post a Comment