Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A personal thought... (ie, not very important...)

If you attended Catholic School in the 60's, you'll remember that we were not allowed to put marks in our textbooks.  To this day, I have trouble highlighting my codes and manuals I use in my work....

When I was about 6 years old, the neighborhood teenagers taught me some cuss words that I quickly took home to show off to my parents.  I was horrified when my mom pushed a bar of soap half way down my throat to wash out my mouth from those dirty words.  To this day, there are certain words I seem unable to utter.....

My mom was a saintly woman - but very strict.  She said that the phone was a tool to make appointments but not for lengthy conversations.  To this very day, I have trouble talking on the phone.  This is a real handicap for me because in my work, phone conversations can occupy half of my day.  To make matters worse, I have a hearing problem - which is exacerbated by the VOIP system I use (but it's free).  So I'm not much of a phone talker.  I hope you understand.

Today, I'm feeling better and coughing less than yesterday - but I know I was short with some of you who called me to extend well wishes.  I'm sorry for this.  It's still a bit difficult to talk without coughing, but I'm definitely on the mend.  Thanks for your prayers.       
  

No comments :

Post a Comment