John Claire Council #15485
May 19, 2014
A 1st Degree was held before the regular meeting.
Officers Present were GK, DGK, FS,Warden, Lecturer, 2 Year Trustee, and District Deputy.
Our Recorder was not in Attendance, Trustee James Michael Morgan took the notes.
In between the 1st Degree and the Meeting, we viewed the DVD of Supreme Knight Carl Anderson's Address to the State Convention.
The following council business topics occurred in order of their discussion discussion:
1. The Grand Knight Ted Seeber reviewed the problems associated with St. Clare’s coffee and donut program and reported on the last State K of C meeting in Hillsboro.
2. Nick Geunther, State Deputy, reported who the newly elected state officers are, and he reported that he was moving to Salem. He also discussed the June 28, 29 State K of C meeting that will train Grand Knights, Deputy Grand Knights, Financial Secretaries and membership directors.
3. Phil Jarvis presented the Treasurer Report and noted that we had an accurate pending balance of $1,633.00. He noted that the council took in $35.00 from dues, $60.00 for DVD sales and that it wrote a check to reimburse Ted Seeber $173.25 for breakfast products. The council discussed what to do about the unpaid-dues members.
4. A Good of the Order talk was given by Mike O’Phalan. The topic was “The Kingdom is beyond our reach and our imagination …”
5. A report was made by the Baby Bottles Committee and Mother Day Flower Sale Committee. After the purchase of $112 for carnations, the council made a profit of $115 for the sale of carnations.
--Updated by Grand Knight, final profit from the Carnation Sale was $176, a warrant was issued the next day to send a check to Mother and Child.
6. The Charity Giving Policy was tabled until we get a quorum to vote on our policy.
7. James M. Morgan, 1st year Trustee, conducted the nomination process for the selection of council officers.
The following people were nominated:
Grand Knight (Ted Seeber & Jim Van Domelen);--Grand Knight remark on this item: As you can see, we've got a leadership crisis of our own. It is vitally important that we get a large number of Knights to the June meeting, when nominations will be reopened and we will vote.
Deputy (Kevin Haggen, Ted Seeber, & Ken Paulsen);
Chancelor (John Creegan, Tom Owens, & Polinus Vuoche);
Recorder (Ken Paulsen, Jim Van Domelen);
Treasurer (Ted Seeber & Mike Devlin);
Advocate (Michael Chou, Mark Gregoire, & Tom Owens);
Warden (Michael Chou, Kevin Haggen, & Ivan Ward);
Inside Guard (Kevin Haggin & Brian Burby);
Outside Guard (Denny Codd & Polinus Vuoche);
3rd year-Trustee (Ted Owens, Ted Seeber & Paul Kowash) and 2nd-year Trustee (Brian Burby).
8. Don Halloway will be our new insurance agent and he will have an open house meeting at St. Anthony’s O’Reilly Hall on 5/31/2014 between 10 am -2 pm. Families and potential recruits for the Knights are invited! Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori. Time flies, remember death
9. The meeting was ended with a prayer for the sick and those in distress --- Hail Mary.