9 more days, and a new Novena

A new novena for April 2 to April 10:
Psalm 91

1 You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High,[b]
    who abide in the shade of the Almighty,
2 Say to the Lord, “My refuge and fortress,
    my God in whom I trust.”
3 He will rescue you from the fowler’s snare,
    from the destroying plague,
4 He will shelter you with his pinions,
    and under his wings you may take refuge;
    his faithfulness is a protecting shield.
5 You shall not fear the terror of the night
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 Nor the pestilence that roams in darkness,
    nor the plague that ravages at noon.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    near you it shall not come.
8 You need simply watch;
    the punishment of the wicked you will see.
9 Because you have the Lord for your refuge
    and have made the Most High your stronghold,
10 No evil shall befall you,
    no affliction come near your tent.
11 [c]For he commands his angels with regard to you,
    to guard you wherever you go.
12 With their hands they shall support you,
    lest you strike your foot against a stone.
13 You can tread upon the asp and the viper,
    trample the lion and the dragon.
14 Because he clings to me I will deliver him;
    because he knows my name I will set him on high.
15 He will call upon me and I will answer;
    I will be with him in distress;
    I will deliver him and give him honor.
16 With length of days I will satisfy him,
    and fill him with my saving power.

Comments