Friday, August 23, 2024

Relic of St. Jude Visit

 I went on quite the adventure today- at 10:30 AM I picked up Michael Chau, at 10:45 picked up Lynn Vanek, and at 11am Shannon, I, Michael, and Lynn had lunch with Tom Owens.

After Lunch, we walked across to Holy Rosary church and started standing in line for nearly 20 minutes.  What were we standing in line for?  For St. Jude, the Apostle of the Impossible.

While I wouldn't say it was extremely well organized, we were there early and the line moved quickly.  There were religious items for sale at a table along the way once we were inside- we were encouraged to buy some to make 3rd class relics.  We were only given 10 seconds at the relic itself for doing so- I had a huge array of items that I had on my badge pull, including 100 St. Jude medals for gifts.  I also went ahead and blessed every rosary I had on me, and my St. Michael's Chaplet.  

Good thing due to the rain I had worn my Knights hoodie, I had LOTS of items with me, and purchased more.

They're selling a small book with a Novena to St. Jude- 2 for $20, so we bought two and gave one to Lynn.

All in all a grand adventure.  St. Jude will return to the area in mid-September, and I encourage you to go.

Pictures Below.





1 comment :

  1. Same at Holy Rosary last night with a mass. Well worth the visit.

    ReplyDelete