Thursday, May 7, 2020

Novena to St. Sharbel

Starting May 8, I have chosen the Novena to St. Sharbel.  As we wait patiently to hear from our priests as to when we will be allowed to attend Mass, and as we continue with fewer, but still onerous restrictions on our freedom, I thought that a Hermit Monk was in order.

I'm going to go ahead and post all nine days, as it is quite short.  If you copy and paste into a word processor, these are preformatted with extra space between day 3 and day 4, and day 6 and day 7  to print out on 3 pages, or two if you use double sided printing.

Novena to st. Sharbel


Day One
O Sharbel, saint of great wonders, from whose pure and incorruptible body emanates the fragrance of heaven, come to my assistance and, if it be for the glory of God and the good of my soul, obtain from God for me the grace of which I am in need… (Name the grace). Amen.

Saint Sharbel, pray for me.

O Lord, who granted Saint Sharbel the grace of faith, I beseech you through his merits and intercession to grant me that same grace. Then I shall live according to your commandments and Gospel. To you be glory, forever. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be.

Day Two
O Saint Sharbel, martyr of monastic life who experienced suffering, our Lord Jesus has made of you a shining beacon. I turn to you and ask through your intercession the grace of… (Name the grace). I put my hope in you. Amen.

Saint Sharbel, vessel of sweet perfume, pray for me.

O Merciful God, who honored Saint Sharbel through the working of great miracles, have mercy on me and grant me what I ask through his intercession. To you be glory, forever. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be​


Day Three
O beloved Saint Sharbel, you who shine like a bright star in the firmament of the Church, be a light for my way and strengthen my hope. From you I ask for the grace of… (Name the grace). Ask it for me from the crucified Jesus whom you unceasingly adored. Amen.

Saint Sharbel, model of patience and silence, pray for me.

O my Lord Jesus Christ, who sanctified Saint Sharbel, your intimate friend, through austerity, mortification, and the carrying of the cross, grant through his intercession that I may bear the difficulties of life with patience and total surrender to your Divine Will. Then I shall give thanks to you, forever. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be.





Day Four
O compassionate father, Saint Sharbel, I turn to you. Confidence in your help fills my heart. Through the power of your intercession with God, I await the grace for which I ask… (Name the grace). Show me once more your power and compassion. Amen.

Saint Sharbel, garden of virtues, pray for me.

O my God, who granted Saint Sharbel the grace of imitating you in all virtues, grant that I too, with his help, may grow in the Christian virtues. Have mercy on me. Have pity on me that I may praise you, forever. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be.

Day Five
O Saint Sharbel, beloved by God, enligh
ten me, help me, and teach me to do what pleases him. Make haste to help me. O compassionate one, I beseech you to ask from God for me this grace… (Name the grace). Amen.

Saint Sharbel, friend of the Crucified, pray for me.

O my God, I raise my eyes to you. Hear my petition through the intercession of Saint Sharbel. Deliver my heart from misery. Grant me peace. Calm my troubled soul. To you be praise, forever. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be.

Day Six
O Saint Sharbel, powerful intercessor, I ask you to obtain for me the grace of which I am in need… (Name the grace).

One single word from you on my behalf suffices to obtain for me the mercy of Jesus, his forgiveness, and an answer to my petition. Amen.

Saint Sharbel, joy of heaven and earth, pray for me.

O Lord, who chose Saint Sharbel to be our advocate before your Divine Majesty, grant me this grace through his intercession. Then, with him, I shall glorify you, forever. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be.






Day Seven
O Saint Sharbel, lover of all and helper of the needy, I firmly hope in your intercession before God. Obtain from him for me this grace of which I am most in need… (Name the grace). Amen.

Saint Sharbel, star that guides the straying, pray for me.

O my God, my numerous sins prevent graces from reaching me. Grant me the grace to repent of them. Answer me through the intercession of Saint Sharbel. Bring joy back to my sorrowful heart by granting my petition, O Sea of graces. To you be glory and thanksgiving, forever. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be.

Day Eight
O Saint Sharbel, when in my mind’s eye I see you kneeling for prayer, or fasting, or living in austerity, or immersed in conversing intimately with God, my hope and my faith in you increase. Help me, I beg of you, to receive from God the grace for which I am asking… (Name the grace). Amen.

Saint Sharbel, inebriated with God, pray for me.

O most sweet Jesus, who drew towards evangelical perfection Saint Sharbel who loved you, I beseech you to grant me the grace to spend the rest of my life according to your Will. I love you, O God of my salvation. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be.

Day Nine
O father, Saint Sharbel, here I am at the end of this Novena. My heart is refreshed whenever I speak with you. I have absolute hope that I shall obtain from Jesus the grace which I asked through your intercession. I repent of my sins and promise never to commit them again. I ask you to obtain the fulfillment of my request… (Name the request). Amen.

Saint Sharbel, crowned with glory, pray for me.

O Lord, who listened to the prayer of Saint Sharbel and granted him the grace of being united with you, have mercy on me in my time of distress and save me from the evils which I cannot bear. To you be glory, praise, and thanksgiving, forever. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be.


No comments :

Post a Comment